Submit a Comment, Proposal or Recommendation
As we plan the second phase of our $2 billion Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Investment Commitment advancing America’s electric mobility future, Electrify America is looking for the best ideas to help shape our initiatives. It’s an exciting road, and we are geared up to encourage more drivers to go electric by building a robust national charging network and increasing ZEV education and access across America. We look forward to hearing from you.
Electrify America believes that each investment cycle offers the opportunity to consider new information, revisit past assumptions, and consider feedback. We will update our analytical models, monitor new technology and public policy developments, track evolving consumer expectations, and explore the merit of allowable ZEV Investments during the planning and development of each ZEV Investment Plan. Electrify America is a data-driven company, and will use all available information to optimize the results of our investments.
To assist in drafting Cycle 2 ZEV Investment Plans (National and California) for the next 30-month investment period (July 2019 to December 2021), we are specifically looking for the following types of input:
1) Suggestions and Data Relevant to Cycle 2 Investments – Specific inputs from your government or organization that are helpful to our decision-making process. These inputs include:
- Data for helping locate stations (traffic & commuting data, demographic changes)
- Current/expected ZEV infrastructure plans or strategies for your community
- Information regarding state and local policies that are designed to increase ZEV adoption, that are indicative of the level of public support for ZEV adoption in a specific community or geographic area
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) data and/or adoption perspectives, especially with regard to medium and heavy duty vehicles
2) Education & Access Suggestions – Suggestions on our approach to education and access or specific events we should consider for participation. These inputs include:
- Education activities that communicate the benefits of ZEVs and address barriers to adoption
- Access activities that increase the public’s awareness of and access to ZEVs and allows them to experience ZEVs without having to purchase a vehicle
3) Specific Site Locations – Specific site locations you would like to nominate for consideration in Cycle 2 infrastructure investments
4) Cycle 1 Comments and Feedback – Specific feedback on Cycle 1 National and California ZEV Investment Plans, including approaches to metro selection, highways included, evaluation of use cases, and integration of new technology
5) Vendor Interest – Electrify America is not soliciting specific vendor proposals at this time. However, if you are a vendor interested in understanding our RFI & RFP process, you may register your interest through the submission box below
6) Other – All other comments or submissions that relate directly to Electrify America’s ZEV Investment Commitment
To submit, please follow a few guidelines:
- Documents: Please fill out the forms below. You may upload supporting documents, but please keep all written submissions to three pages maximum to ensure that your proposal is reviewed.
- Limitations: Electrify America is not soliciting or accepting grant requests, but instead, Electrify America seeks advice, suggestions, and data to guide our ZEV investments. Electrify America’s investments must be made with the economic sustainability of our business in mind.
- All submissions must be received by March 1, 2018, to ensure consideration in the Cycle 2 ZEV Investment Plan.
- All submissions will become the property of Electrify America and should not include proprietary information.
Next Steps: We expect to receive up to a thousand or more submissions in just a few months, and these will be reviewed and considered as we develop our Cycle 2 ZEV Investment Plans. We will contact you if we have clarifying questions regarding your submission. Submissions are not guaranteed to be used or implemented. Thank you for your input and patience through this process.