Frequently asked questions about the mobile app
As an Electrify America Pass or Pass+ member, if you’ve downloaded the Electrify America app and added a valid payment method to your account, you have two ways to start a charge by smartphone:
1. Using the digital membership pass, which requires tapping or holding the smartphone near the charger’s RFID reader.
- First, plug the connector into the vehicle. Follow all steps on the charger screen before tapping or holding your phone near the reader.
- Android users: Ensure that NFC is turned on in your phone settings and that the smartphone screen is unlocked before tapping the smartphone to the reader—look for the symbol below. The Electrify America app does not need to be open.
- iOS users: Open Apple Wallet or the Electrify America app. Tap the smartphone to the reader on the right side of the charger—look for the symbol shown here
2. Using “Swipe to Start Charge” from within the Electrify America app.
- Ensure that your smartphone’s location services are enabled, the Electrify America app is installed on your phone, and you are logged into your account.
- Open the app and from the map screen (or your Favorites), select the charging station where you are located. You must be near the charger to start a charge.
- Select the charger by referring to the Charger ID number at the top of the charger’s screen, and swipe to start a charging session.
When you sign up for Electrify America Pass or Pass+ in the mobile app, follow the prompts to add your credit card to your account. Then select an amount to automatically load money to your Electrify America balance.
This amount will be added to your account the first time you charge your vehicle at an Electrify America charging station after signing up. Every time your balance falls to or below $5, your account will reload with the amount you selected.
The cost for charging, idling, and any applicable taxes will be deducted from your balance at the end of your charging session.
If you’re a Pass+ member, your monthly subscription fee will be charged to your credit or debit card when you sign up and deducted from your Electrify America balance monthly thereafter.
If your payment method is declined during a charging session, please update it to allow Electrify America to auto-fill your account and continue charging your vehicle.
If the payment method is not updated, charging will stop when your account balance reaches $0.
No, you can use your existing Electrify America account credentials to sign in to the new app.
Soon, the app will allow you to connect to your Electrify HomeStationTM charger. You’ll be able to start and stop charging, as well as set up a schedule for charging your EV.
Yes! Please ensure your vehicle is compatible with CarPlay or Android Auto and your phone is up to date. Here are a few ways you can use the Electrify America app in vehicles compatible with CarPlay and Android Auto:
- Navigate to charging stations while on the go
- View charger details
- Manage your charging session
The Electrify America app is supported by both iOS 14+ and Android 7+.