Electrify America is hard at work building the nation’s largest open DC fast-charging (DCFC) network. To date, we have over 400 ultra-fast DCFC stations and 1,800 chargers online, and we are targeting 800 stations and 3,500 chargers by the end of 2021.
In parallel, Electrify America has begun planning for the third cycle of our $2 billion ZEV Investment Commitment to advance America’s electric mobility future. As we build our plan, Electrify America is eager to hear your thoughts about new ideas and opportunities that could help shape our investments. It’s an exciting road, and we are geared up to encourage and support more drivers to go electric by building a robust national charging network and increasing electric vehicle education and access across America. We look forward to hearing from you.
Each ZEV investment cycle offers Electrify America the opportunity to consider new information, revisit past assumptions, and solicit feedback. We will update our analytical models, monitor new technology and public policy developments, track evolving consumer expectations, and explore the merit of allowable Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Investments during the planning and development phase of each ZEV Investment Plan. Electrify America is a data-driven company, and we will use relevant and appropriate information to optimize the impact of our investments.
To assist in drafting our Cycle 3 National and California ZEV Investment Plans for the next 30-month investment period, which applies for the time period of January 2022 through June of 2024, we are specifically looking for the following types of input:
1. Suggestions and Data Relevant to Cycle 3 Investments — Specific inputs from your governmental entity or organization that are helpful to our decision-making process. These inputs include the following:
- Unique opportunities to work with your organization in deploying impactful and financially sustainable ZEV investments;
- Specific actions your organization or state/local entity is taking to support EV adoption by taxi and ride-hail vehicles;
- Anonymized usage data from existing charging stations (DCFC and L2) in your community;
- Current/expected ZEV infrastructure plans or strategies for your community; and
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) data and/or adoption perspectives, especially with regard to medium and heavy duty vehicles.
2. Information regarding ZEV Policy in your Community — This option provides local governments and leaders with the opportunity to provide information about the policies and incentives available in your community to increase ZEV adoption
3. Education & Access Suggestions — Suggestions concerning Electrify America’s approach to education and access or specific events we should consider for participation.
4. Specific site locations: Specific site locations you would like to nominate for consideration in Cycle 3 infrastructure investments.
5. Cycle 1 and 2 Comments and Feedback — Specific feedback on Cycle 1 and 2 National and California ZEV Investment Plans, including approaches to metro and highway charging station locations, evaluation of their use cases, and integration of new technology.
6. Vendor interest: Electrify America is not soliciting specific proposals at this time. However, if you are a vendor seeking to understand our RFI and RFP processes, you may register your interest through the submission box below.
7. Event invitations: Suggestions for specific events we should consider for participation.
8. Other: All other comments or submissions that relate directly to Electrify America’s ZEV Investment Commitment.
To submit, please follow a few guidelines:
1. Documents: Please fill out the form below. You may upload supporting documents, but please limit written submissions to three pages maximum to ensure that your proposal is reviewed.
2. Scope: Electrify America is not soliciting or accepting grant requests. Instead, Electrify America seeks advice, suggestions, and data to guide our ZEV investments. These investments must be made with the economic sustainability of our business in mind.
3. Deadline: Electrify America respectfully requests all submissions by 5:00pm PST on August 14, 2020 to ensure our team has sufficient time to review and fully consider the content in our Cycle 3 investment plans.