Effective Date: December 9, 2016
This privacy notice explains the information practices of the website located at www.electrifyamerica.com (“Site”), which is operated by Electrify America LLC (“Electrify America,” “we,” or “us”).
We may collect personal information you voluntarily provide us while visiting our Site, by submitting a proposal, or by contacting us, including contact information (such as your first and last name, address, e-mail address, and phone number) and professional information (such as your company name, title, and any other information you directly provide to us in connection with submitting a proposal).
When you use our Site we may collect various non-personal information, including, but not limited to, the date and time you access our Site, the website from which you linked to our Site, IP address, Web pages visited, what papers you downloaded, and your operating system and browser type. Such information is used for a variety of purposes such as operating and improving our Site, analyzing demographic and statistical research about Site usage, and monitoring the Site for compliance with our terms of service and the law, as well as for other purposes.
This non-personal information may be collected through various technologies, including but not limited to cookies and web beacons.
We may also permit third parties to collect information on our Site and combine that information with information collected on other non-affiliated websites or applications (“apps”) over time to personalize advertising. Please see the interest-based advertising section below for more information on this practice and your choices.
We may use both personal and non-personal information that we collect from you for our business purposes. For example, among other uses, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To evaluate proposals submitted to the Site;
- To provide you with more relevant advertising and consumer education content;
- To respond to your messages and requests;
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Site, including to maintain security;
- For our statistical, research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes;
- To personalize and improve your experience of our Site;
- To monitor our Site for compliance with our terms of service; or
- For any other purpose identified at the point of collection.
We may share personal information:
- With government entities including in connection with evaluating proposals, or as needed to provide our services and where required by law;
- With our affiliates and service providers;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process;
- To investigate, respond to, or resolve problems or inquiries (including law enforcement requests) or to protect, enforce, or defend our rights, assets, and/or interests;
- As part of an acquisition or merger with another company, a partial or total sale of assets, or another corporate change, including at bankruptcy;
- To prevent or respond to a violation of any law, regulation, or our terms of service; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
Third Party Websites and Apps
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites or mobile apps. Please be aware that we do not control these linked websites or apps, and that this privacy notice does not apply to those websites or apps. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of any third-party website or app you visit before providing information to its owner.
We have third-party advertising partners that may collect information about your visits to our Site and other non-affiliated websites and/or apps in order to provide advertisements to you on our Site and across other websites and apps. Some of those ads may be interest-based, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on the information these ad networks collect about your visits to our Site and other non-affiliated web sites or apps over time.
You may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about interest-based advertising and to opt out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program.
Please note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. We will post changes in this notice, and suggest that you periodically revisit this notice to stay informed of any changes.
If you have questions regarding our privacy notice, please contact us at [email protected].